India has an incredible variety of institutes offering a selection of courses in the many branches of hospitality. There exists a path to fit every pocket and palate.
In India hospitality is based on the principle Atithi Devo Bhava, meaning “the guest is God”. This principle is shown in a number of stories where a guest is revealed to be a god who rewards the provider of hospitality. From this stems the Indian practice of graciousness towards guests at home and in all social situations.
The hospitality industry is one of the world’s most dynamic industries and continues to grow year after year. The World Travel Organization predicts that it will triple in size by the year 2020, becoming one of the largest industries in the world. This phenomenal growth will provide many employment opportunities for people with the right qualifications.
A career in the hospitality industry includes opportunities in many different areas including events (sporting, cultural, concerts, exhibitions, etc.) conferences, banqueting, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, catering, resorts (golf, ski, beach, spa, etc.) airlines and cruise liners and many more service-related industries.
While not every institute might offer all the courses shown below, the list features the main courses that are offered in India.
- 1-year trade Diploma Courses in
- ~ Bakery & Confectionery
- ~ Hotel Reception and Book Keeping
- ~ Restaurant and Counter Service
- 3-year Diploma in Hotel Management
- 4-year Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- 3-year BSc in Hotel Management
- 3-year BA in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- 2-year PG Diploma in International Hotels
- MSc in Hospitality Administration
- 6-month Certificate Course in Hotel and Catering Management
Hope Institute of Hospitality Management is one of the best hotel management institute in India, Provides quality of education in the field of Hotel and Hospitality sector and gives committed placement opportunities to the students throughout the Nation & Worldwide.